Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Healthy Hot Cocoa Recipe.

I recently read that Scientists have confirmed that hot cocoa is even more anti-oxidant packed than green tea. And it's great for the skin. The store bought packages aren't very healthy so I thought I'd find a healthier home made one and I did. Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS:

~2 cups milk (you can substitute lowfat, skim, soy, or rice milk, if you wish).
~2 heaping tablespoons organic fair trade pure dark-chocolate cocoa powder (more or less to taste).
~Pure maple syrup, to taste (some of us prefer a sweeter cocoa)

PREPARATION:

1. Heat the milk in a saucepan and add cocoa powder, whisking to combine.

2. Add maple syrup to taste, stir again, pour into a large mug, and serve hot.

Makes 1 serving.

How great is a hot cup of cocoa after coming in from a snowy cold day? Tops on my list!

image/recipe found - care2.com


No comments:

Post a Comment