Friday, September 11, 2009

Magic Of Baseball.

This evening I am going to my first official "Red Sox" game at Fenway Park. Even though the weather is gloomy, I will put that aside and embrace all the firsts I will relish. It will be my first walk through Yawkey Way, first time in the bleachers staring at the marvel that is the Green Monster, eating my first Fenway frank and cheering for our great hometown team and my favorite players. I will be singing take me out to the ball game and celebrating the seven inning stretch, cause by then we all definitely need one. I'll be watching the wide-eyed children who are just getting their first glimpse of the wonder of this sport and how they idolize these players and want to grow up and be just like them one day. But for today their parents are their hero for introducing them to this illustrious game.

Don't you just love the concession guys or gals who have all the baseball goodies at their finger tips?!...popcorn, peanuts, beer here. Win or lose it's only a game and we all have a great time with our family and/or friends. That's what this great American game is all about...


"The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America is ruled by it like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and that could be again. Oh, people will come,
Ray. People will most definitely come."

Field of Dreams Quote
Terence Mann:(James Earl Jones)


Let's Play Ball!

image found - bestsportsphotos.com

No comments:

Post a Comment