Friday, June 26, 2009

My Sad Goodbye To "The King Of Pop".

Like many other teenage girls in the 80's, I was a huge Michael Jackson junky. I put this picture up because this exact poster was my prize possession for many years. I use to look at it every night and blow Michael a kiss before I went to bed. I had every magazine, poster, album and even a buffet of M.J. pins that I wore enamoringly on my jean jacket. He was my idol, a superstar to all.

I was at the gym yesterday riding the exercise bike and I could not hear the TV, I just saw on the news them post up his date of birth and death date. I was shocked, I started going around the gym sharing my sorrow and everyone was stunned as well---since the news had just come out.

Sad day not only for me, but for all the Michael Jackson fans that grew up like me, wishing they could just get a chance to meet this amazing dancer, singer, performer.

Although the later years weren't so good for Michael, allegations of child abuse and the many plastic surgery mistakes. We will never know the true Michael Jackson but I will never forget the Michael I want to believe he was.

Goodbye my forever friend Michael, you will hold a special place in my heart always.

If Michael is in heaven, I'm sure he's moon walking on the clouds... ;)

Thanks for the memories! Farewell!

*Sending out a special prayer to the families of Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett and Ed McMann, whom had also passed away this week and will be missed dearly.

image found - michaeljacksonforsale.com

No comments:

Post a Comment